Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Sunday, February 2, 2020

My SuperBowl Half Marathon


Today’s running schedule called for 12 miles.  Today’s weather called for anything outside, because… 70+ degrees in February!  Don’t be too jealous, because there is snow in the forecast.  WHATTT?

Even though I had all the time in the world (no deadlines of any kind today), I had the most perfect weather possible, and I’ve strung a few nights of good, normal sleep, I procrastinated.  And I did it in a big way:


  • I watched TV
  • I puzzled
  • I scrolled mindlessly on social media
  • I took Bella for a walk
  • I made the bed
  • I (eventually) got dressed to run
  • I changed twice (finally landed on shorts and a light long sleeved shirt)
  • I whined to Scott about my run
  • I whined some more to Scott about my run

So the moral of this story?
 
I spent more time procrastinating, complaining, and whining about my long run this morning, than the time it took me to actually run the long run!

So many years and miles behind me, I still struggle with getting out the door at times.  But once I do, I feel so much better and can’t even remember the reasons I procrastinated in the first place.  The sun, the saltiness, the tired legs, the feeling of having worked hard, and the post-run smile that tells the story of a good run all keep me heading back out for the next run.

Now, about that snow forecast….


2 comments: