Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Monday, September 17, 2012

Bottomless pit

I’ve never felt so hungry.

The hunger pangs started by 9am and that was AFTER I had breakfast.  Now, my breakfast could have been better, but hey, I’m an English muffin or peanut butter toast kinda girl.  A cereal bar at 9:30 helped to ward off the desire to start nibbling on my own arm, but by 10:30 I was ravenous.  I’m sure this has absolutely nothing to do with my crazy mileage over the past weekend.  By 11:25 (as soon as I hung up from a meeting), I was dialing by memory my standard lunch place – Bertucci’s.  I think they not only know my name, but also know my favorites...

All I know is, I should probably buy some stock in Bertucci’s!


7 comments:

  1. Funny! Everyone gets the "hungries" sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine your metabolism is in high gear!
    I love it when I'm hungry all the time. Sadly, it didn't really happen this training session. But last time I remember always eating my lunch by 10:30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I pushed lunch off til 10:45....wonder what tomorrow will bring! :)

      Delete
  3. Too funny! And that pizza does look good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy Michelle! Normally I'm not all that in to food (though that doesn't count junk food), but now? MUST.EAT.ALL.THE.TIME!

      Delete
  4. Haha! I was pretty much starving all the time during my training. Now I'm still starving...I just no longer have an excuse;)

    ReplyDelete