Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Thursday, May 2, 2013

9 Days...

…until I start my 14th marathon!!!  Training’s gone well, I feel strong, and the weather is shaping up to be a great running day (cloudy, 50’s, with showers…perfect!).  After last Spring’s sweat-fest at Boston and then last Fall’s washing-machine churner at Green Mountain, I’m hoping to get weather somewhere in the middle.  Going after this gem…

Other than training, here are a few random things that have been swirling but not yet written about –

  • The One Fund is incredible.  People are incredible.  Enough said.
  • If you haven’t heard of local runner/photographer Jim Rhoades, check out his website and try to find yourself on the Boston course: www.jimrhoades.com
  • The trails are clear again for Bella and me, so we’ve been enjoying some off-lead running again.  Gotta keep my Bella fit and tone!
  • My Asics GT2170’s are going buh-bye.  Sad times, but I’m sure I’ll adjust to the next generation of Asics. 
  • My reverse sensor on my car has gone on strike.  My goal is to get it fixed before my warranty ends.  Never realized how much I depend on that silly sensor!
Not my vehicle, but that sensor is magical and I need it back!
  • I finally finished painting spare room #2!  That room sat for way too long unfinished.  Hopefully it won’t take me as long to furnish them.  Hey, can’t rush into these things….

  • The day before I ran 16 miles last weekend, my head thought it was a great idea to spend hours raking and hauling leaves/branches via wheelbarrow up and over a hill.  Sunday morning, my body reminded me why that was such a bad idea.  At least my gardens are starting to come alive again!


What have you been up to?  Anyone try the new Asics GT 2000 shoes?


16 comments:

  1. I did not know your marathon is in Maine! SO JEALOUS! I lived on MDI for about 2.5 years. Love that state more than anything! Also jealous of your garden. I am never in one place long enough during a summer to have my own garden. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE MDI!!! MDI Marathon is one I will do at some point for sure. This one is in Kennebunk and runs nearby the Bush compound.

      I'll be sure to post more garden pictures so you can live through mine until you have your own :)

      Delete
  2. Have a great race! You are running yours before I am running mine. I am already getting nervous but 14 marathons? You are a pro now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Oh boy, I don't know if I'm a pro, but hopefully I can run smart on race day :)

      Delete
  3. I know the rain is good for you, but not us spectators. Wahh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Mom! Weather doesn't sound (today anyway) too bike friendly :(

      Delete
  4. 14th marathon!!! So exciting!!! I hope the weather plays nice and you have a great race! The One Fund has been blowing my mind along with the amazing stories of people! A true testament of how good can triumph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy :) Last year's crazy ultra training really upped that 14 number!! The Half I planned to run in February got cancelled, so I really haven't raced since November - I'm ready!!!!!

      Seriously, I don't know that I've ever seen something generate so much human kindness and generosity. I'm sure there was similar behavior in NY after 9/11, but now that we've experienced something like this in our backyard, it's really hit that much harder.

      Delete
  5. This marathon seemed to have come up quickly! I'll keep my fingers crossed for decent waether!
    I usually enjoy yardwork while I'm doing it and then remember later why I don't like it- such sore arms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby. I feel like I haven't talked as much about this one for some reason; maybe that's why it feels like it's "poof" here in a flash.

      Yardwork is my cross training, since I hate lifting weights or anything. I'll just have to finish AFTER my race :)

      Delete
  6. Your marathon sounds like it'll be a great one! #14... wow! That's impressive :) Can't wait to read your recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm definitely getting excited!! I can't believe it's 14 either. Whoa, time (and miles) sure do fly...

      Delete
  7. Lisa,

    I'm so excited for you and can hardly wait to hear all about the race. I was planning on running it as well but I've been battling ITBS since December so had to scratch a spring marathon. Have a great race, I'll be thinking of you that day!!!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jill! Sorry to hear of your ITBS troubles. Hope you're healing and back to the roads soon.

      I'll take all the thoughts you've got for race day :)

      Delete
  8. I really wanted to do the Maine Coast Marathon too....but I've had my heart set on Sugarloaf for a while. I just might be heading down to the marathon though to cheer on some friends. If I do, I'll be sure to find you!!!

    Are you going to stay away from those bad foods? I don't know if I have it in me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many great marathons, so little time!!! I'll stalk/study your blog pix so I can recognize you if I see you. I expect to wear my blue cap w/ ponytail...that should help identify me, right???

      Ah, noooo, probably not swearing off the bad foods. Ssshhh, don't tell my husband (oh, shoot...he reads my blog!)

      Delete