Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Friday, November 27, 2015

A little bit’o this; a little bit’o that

Thanksgiving Day meant a little bit’o this and a little bit’o that….

Feaster five family tradition
For the last five years, a few of us gather to walk the Feaster Five.  We catch on life, politics, you-name-it.  This year, our group was rather small, due to work schedules and due to some pre-Thanksgiving imbibing.  So, Scott, cousin Rusty, and I ventured out.  We couldn’t help but joke about how Rusty made it to the race after a late night, but not his kids (refer to imbibing).  That lead me to my hilarious hashtag moment:

#youngsterscantkeepup

(It’s mostly hilarious because I don’t tweet J)

Trail family run
After our 5K walk and the mile to start and back to car, Scott and I grabbed Bella and his Go Pro and headed out for some family trail miles.  After 25 years of marriage, I’m so grateful that my husband digs me enough to a) run at my speed, and b) try to make me a youtube star!


Thanksgiving Dinner
We’ve always spent Thanksgiving at Scott’s brother’s house.  It’s a nice afternoon of family, comfort, laughter, and food.  Lots. Of. Food.

Erin outdoes herself….


Not a bad looking brood  (and a bit silly too!) –

Day after
I love that REI is closed for Black Friday!  Love it, love it, love it.  I hope this #optoutside catches on with the world.  Frankly, I’d rather shop online after a good run outdoors, but that’s me.


And I certainly don’t look at physical altercations over toys as “fun” –


Health, family, friends, love…..thankful for it all.  Oh, and 60+ degree weather here in New England the day after Thanksgiving?  Most definitely thankful for that!

Hope you're all having a great Thanksgiving weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Awesome video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized you have a separate Getting it Done on the Run YouTube channel...love all the videos

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIOIFVoM_rs2W6LK9496qg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww… I love getting to go with you on your run!!

    ReplyDelete