- Listed our house we've lived in for 26 years (for me, 39 years!)
- Celebrated Scott's 50th birthday by island hopping Marco > Sanibel > Captiva
- Sold our house
- Packed and purged (did I mention 39 years?!?!?)
- Made impressively monstrous to-do lists
- Connected with as many family and friends as possible
- Resigned from our jobs
- Prepared for new job
- Found/secured temporary housing in NC
- Completed first road trip to NC
As I write this post, I am curled up on our only piece of furniture in our new apartment. And I’m actually hand writing it because I have no computer and no internet (to post later). The apartment is completely quiet; no TV, no internet, no Scott, no Bella. I went for my first solo run earlier, ate dinner in solitude, and at 6:00 pm, ran out of things to do. Weird.
This will be short lived.
Tomorrow, I start my new job. I begin by jumping on a flight to Chicago. Hey, if you’re going to live out of suitcases, does it really matter which city or state you’re in? For now, I will soak up the solitude and quietly celebrate having survived the last one and a half months of a hectic, emotional, scary, and exciting rollercoaster ride. Tomorrow, I meet new people in another new city and start a new chapter in my career. Friday, I return to NC, where Scott and Bella will be waiting for me. And the solitude will be replaced with the wonderful sounds of home.