Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Weekend ramblings...


Oh social media, you are flooded with wonderful stories of 18 mile training runs this weekend!  

I’m rooting for all of you, but I’ll admit I wish I was in marathon shape and icing some twitchy muscles right about now.  Alas, I am far from it.  But that’s ok!   I’ve got a half marathon on the horizon and my training is, well, all mine.  So instead of others' 18 miles, I ran my 8.  Sometimes it’s hard to remain focused on our own goal and get distracted by others’ goals, but I stayed focused, completed my 8 (with the help of an avocado), and celebrated with an afternoon exploring my most recent new city, Oklahoma City.

This avocado literally SAVED.MY.RUN!  At mile 3, I planned to run by the house (water stop – super hot and humid) and felt ‘off’.  I almost pushed through it and then thought better of it.  While I filled my water bottle, Scott cut this gem up and I threw down a few chunks.  8 miles…done and done.  Saved by the avocado!


Later in the afternoon, we headed into Bricktown, which is a cool downtown area built up around a canal system. 


Restaurants, mini-golf, gondola rides, Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame, and other activities surround the canal.  We ended up at Bricktown Brewery.  


Burgers and beers (for Scott, I’ll take a pinot!) and a walk around Bricktown was a great way to close out the afternoon/evening.

Now back to our latest project:  Project Scan Family Photos!  That’s right, we’re doing it.  So watch out family and friends, I’ve already plucked a few gems I’ll be sharing with you soon!



4 comments: