It’s so amazing what you can get done in a day – well, a weekend day that is. During the work week, I continue to struggle (like many) with wishing my way to the weekend. I’m aware of how negative this thought process is, so I’m trying to retrain my brain to think differently. This past weekend, I got SO.MUCH.DONE! And it wasn’t all of the need-to-do’s either; many of them were the want-to-do’s.
- I drove to Meaghan’s and shared a great 10 mile run with her. Long overdue!
- Lucky to score an unplanned visit with Mom.
- Primed some trim in a room we’re working on in the house. 2 coats.
- Dropped by Carrie’s house to wish her ‘see ya later’ as she prepares to relocate to Arizona.
- Wrote a blog post after a long hiatus.
- Enjoyed a 5 mile trail run with Scott and Bella. Great start to any day!
- Painted the trim that I primed Saturday.
- Because the paint & brushes were out, decided to touch up some other areas. White trim paint = Addictive!
- Cut the lawn. We have a decent yard; we're talking hours!
- Planted tomatoes, peppers, and something in the squash family. Thanks to Andy for the plants.
- Planted flowers.
- Did some laundry.
- Wrote another blog post. Whoa, look at me!
By Sunday night, I was exhausted. But it was a good exhaustion. The kind of tired that says, I can’t lift another thing but then adds, …and I’ve never felt better! I love days where you know you’ve squeezed every bit of life out of the day. And I love days where you go to sleep excited to begin again. As I write this on a Monday, I can tell you I need some work in the ‘retrain my brain’ area on the non-weekend days….