Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Monday, January 14, 2013

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate..."

A few months ago, my mom signed up for the 2013 Portland Marathon.  She asked me to do it with her and, once I was able to coordinate time off (that time of year is always crazy busy for me), I committed.  So on Friday, I signed up for the Portland Marathon and “surprised” mom with a post that “I’m in!”.

Then I started receiving Active.com race registration confirmations on my work email.  Hm, I thought, I’m pretty sure I signed up using my personal email.  What gives….

One phone call from Mom cleared up that mystery right away.  She signed me up.  Yes folks, I’m indeed signed up TWICE for the Portland Marathon!
  
I was but a pup when Cool Hand Luke came out in 1967, but the phrase lives on!

My bad – totally.  When she committed to the race back in early October, she told me it “was on her”.  Over three months later, I had completely forgotten that conversation and went ahead and registered.

DOH!!!!!




14 comments:

  1. I am always so worried dear hubby and I will register twice for races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I almost always do the registering for Scott and me, but my mom and I haven't perfected that dance yet.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully the rd will understand and refund!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! Either way, it gives us a good story :)

      Delete
  3. LOL, that is hilarious! Bummer about paying twice, though!

    I'm also registered for Portland along with a bunch of my Colorado running buddies! We need to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Would love to meet you :) As we get closer, we can try to coordinate.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! Hopefully a refund can be worked out. Love that you'll be running a marathon with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, hopefully :) Looking forward to a great adventure w/ mom!

      Delete
  5. LOL! That sounds like something I would do! I hope you can get a refund for the second fee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! Hope you're recovering well from Goofy-mania :)

      Delete
  6. Oh no! I think they would understand and grant you a refund!

    ReplyDelete