Over the course of 22.25 miles, one sees, thinks, and experiences many things….
- Got to run a couple miles with Scott, as he was heading to meet his Sunday running buddies
- Got a puppy greeting from Piper, a small black lab mix, who escaped his front door and thought I needed a kiss
- Got to say ‘hey’ to a friend I went to high school with who also still lives in town
- Got to say ‘hey’ to another friend (the one who got me the invitational apps for Boston previously)
- Got to see a flock of wild turkeys (from a distance – phew)
- Got through my run with no creepy people
- Got a nice “are you OK” from a passing motorist (not creepy, and I was a hot mess afterall)
- Got to throw a ball to yet another dog who had been retrieving it in the marsh
- Got a nice breeze during the sunnier and latter part of my run
- Got to feel the strength in my legs again
- Got to channel my inner Chicago for Meaghan
- Got to revive my fading tan in this last minute Summer weather
- Got to reap the rewards of my patience, my icing, and my prayers to the running gods
- Got to have all of these thoughts to distract me from a warm, long training run!
I still have some work to do, but today’s long run was a huge boost to my recently mended mojo. Felt good, felt strong, and am just about there in feeling ready for race day. That’s what taper is for, to ignite the fire within, while my body heals and rests for the big day!
OK, back to….doing absolutely nothing. Love these kinds of Sunday afternoons. Hope everyone had great runs, races, or whatever made up your Sunday J