Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Day in Pictures

Started my day running 16 miles at just about marathon pace - yeah!
Lunch time!  I know many can’t stomach sardines, but they are a great source of calcium, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and protein.  Been eating these forever, but now I’m coming out of the sardine closet!
As I busily checked off my to-do’s, I inhaled one of my new favorite bars.  Fiber One, you had me at….Oat & Caramel.  YUMMY!!!
Quick trip to the paint store, so I could freshen up the trim below front and back doors.  Check another thing off the list!
All the while, I’ve got my most calming, peaceful, and pretty music going in the background.  Occasionally, a Christmas tune finds its way into the mix!
Local farm stand puts out the last of its seasonal flowers for $1.00 each.  I was able to grab 8 before the well went dry.  8 for $8.00…..SCORE!!!  Off to plant them, now that the rain shower has passed. J
There are other things going on that aren’t worthy of pictures (i.e. cooking, laundry, some housework) – yawn.  But the day has been one of those “perfectly aligned in the universe” days.  I don’t get days like this all the time, so am enjoying every minute of it.  

Here’s hoping you’re having one of those days with me!!








5 comments:

  1. Ya know Mandy, it was nothing extraordinary, but it was all mine and it was all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves Christmas music and he has already started to listen to it!! I can't do it until at least Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blech sardines! But you're right, they are full of so much great stuff. Good for you for getting them down.

    Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on the Xmas music. I've already started singing it to my kids at night and sneaking listens on iTunes when my husband isn't around (his strict rule is no Xmas in our house until after Thanksgiving--sensible, but hey I'm a rebel). Sounds like a great day, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete