Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thanks Mom!


How is it that my mother has been blogging for years now and I’m just now jumping on board?  As a matter of fact, Mom has led the charge in a number of areas where I am happy to follow.  Here are a few notable achievements:
  • Mom started her blog over two years ago; I’m now working on my first post!
  • Mom went back to school later in life and became an RN; I went back to school after a 14 year hiatus and completed my Bachelor’s degree.  Then I couldn't stop and continued on for my Master’s.
  • Mom started running awhile back, racking up 5K and 10K race t-shirts; this got my husband Scott and I running, which has grown into a love for distance running.
  • Mom got herself a Kindle; Mom just gave me a Kindle for my birthday.  I now have to learn how to use it.  Er, uh, Mom?
That’s definitely not all there is, but I don’t want to overwhelm you all with too much “Mom awesomeness” at one time.  Since Mom is always sprinkled throughout my every day, you’ll hear plenty more about her.  ‘Cuz she really does rock.

So, thanks to Mom for inspiring me to launch this blog!  We’ll see where it lands…

1 comment: