Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

If you can’t beat the heat, take pictures!

I woke up this morning not feeling right.  I felt the nagging sore throat that I thought I ditched last week, and worse, I felt dizzy.  Hmmm….  Although I considered putting my run off until later in the day, I decided that I had enough non-dizzy moments to get me through a 10K.  So, with Gatorade in one hand and my cell phone in the other (I don’t always run with a phone, but felt it might be smart since my head wasn't yet digging this running thing), I headed out for a 6.2 miler.

Wow, it was warm.  And humid.  By mile 1, my sweat was sweating.  I seemed to be running on a relatively straight path, so the dizziness was clearly abating.  Because I had my phone with me, I thought it would be a fun distraction to take some pictures and share with you my peaceful running route.

Scott and I comment all of the time how much we love where we live.  Most times, we can run 3 abreast without getting killed by a vehicle.  There’s just such a peacefulness around our running neighborhoods.  Here’s a pretty farm I pass early on that’s recently been prepared for its crops:


Pony fences at mile 2 just scream quintessential New England:


Aaah, space….


A crossroad that allows me to add 1 mile to my run (if I go left).  Today, I stayed with my plan and kept right:


Notice the absence of cars?  There were definitely a few, but sometimes I see more runners/cyclists than vehicles. 

Today’s run wasn’t all that energizing because of the humidity, however I did manage to average an 8:47 pace over that 6.2 miles.  It was fun taking pictures, like looking at my same-old-routes through a different lens.  And as usual, I feel 100% better than I did before I left.  Dizziness – gone.  Sore throat – jury’s still out.  Solid, peaceful run to make me feel I can achieve anything – priceless.






No comments:

Post a Comment