As I continue to practice the No Complaining Rule I wrote about in a previous post, this past week has been a bit challenging in that department. Recovering from surgery has been manageable, however I’m feeling anxious to get back to normal. OK, impatient is more like it.
A few thoughts from the past week, where I got to practice my "...BUT":
- I haven’t managed to write anything of any meaning or interest in my blog lately….BUT at least I haven’t lost any followers.
- I’ve gotten frustrated this past week each time I discover I can’t (or sometimes just shouldn’t) do something….BUT I am so fortunate that the reason for my surgery was to correct something; not to save my life.
- I feel like I’ve gained 10 pounds from my sudden period of inactivity…BUT this isn’t forever and I’ll be even hungrier (no pun intended) to get running again once I can.
- I haven’t been able to keep up with the daily/weekly housework….BUT I’m fortunate to have a husband who takes over whenever needed.
- I haven’t been able to get out to finish our Christmas shopping….BUT again, I'm fortunate to have a husband who finished it for us. (No, you cannot have him!)
- I haven’t been able to play very hard with Bella….BUT fortunately I have a husband who…(yes, he’s perfect…ok, I’ll stop) and also a neighbor who is happy to send her dog over to help Bella blow off some steam.
- I feel like I make the same boring meals for my poor husband…..BUT at least we have food on the table and never go without.
- I feel a little sad at Christmas for family and friends who have passed and are no longer physically with us….BUT I’m blessed with having had them for as long as I did and grateful for those who are still with me today.
I’m really not that big into New Year resolutions. I most enjoy pausing and reflecting on the past year (or in today’s post, the past week) and giving some good, positive thought to the coming year. In fact, the New Year is my favorite time of the year. I think of it as a therapeutic wiping of a big
chalkboard (oops, showing my age) white board clean and starting fresh.
Even with this past week being a bit of a struggle, I have a good feeling that 2012 is going to rock. Seriously rock.