1. Had some great Caitlyn time this morning; watching iCarly, making chocolate chip pancakes, and watching her do cartwheels in our kitchen. She immediately honed in on all the presents under our Christmas tree. I explained they were not Santa's presents (duh) and that there was one special one under there for her. Big.Smile. Nothing like a 6 year old to infuse a special Christmas spirit that only a child can.
2. At 9:30 a.m., I was already plotting a nap for later. “Later” arrived at 12:30. Duration of nap: solid 2 hours. Wow.
3. Dollar Stores are the best invention ever. 3 gift bags for $1.29 – priceless
4. Took Bella to get her usual pedicure (hey, for $5, it’s worth the trip!) and decided to let her stay for the afternoon and play with her canine pals. When I picked her up at 4:30, she slept the whole drive home and then put herself to bed when we arrived home. Yes, lots of napping in this household today!
5. Our DVD “It’s a Wonderful Life” is playing for at least the 5th time this season. What better accompaniment while wrapping our last few gifts.
6. Biggest success of today (other than my power nap) was finding the Ribbon Candy I buy every year for my mom. It’s just not Christmas without it!
Hope everyone’s wrapping and napping accordingly. It’s a great combo, trust me!