Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I am woman, hear me ROAR!


Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed.  Or maybe the planet.  Scott might’ve said ‘good morning’ and I snapped at him.  Bella might’ve asked for a simple jaunt outside and I snapped at her.  What’s a girl to do?  Go for a run, of course.

With my race/long run tomorrow, I went out for an easy 5 miles this morning.  No time worries today, other than ensuring I don’t do anything fast.  No need.  It was humid (whoa, there’s a surprise) but for 5 miles, not a huge challenge.  There were very few people out, few cars, so few distractions.  I used the peace and quiet to dredge up every little annoying thought I had and promptly worked through them in my head, placing a virtual checkmark next to the box.  Check…Check….


I don’t really know what the source of my evility was this morning, but the run definitely helped.  Along with checking off each annoying thought, I visualized my bad mood oozing out of me through each sweaty drop.  Gross?  Yep.  Effective?  Totally.

Scott and Bella have both forgiven my momentary crabbiness and I’m sure appreciate the fact that I ran my bad mood out of my system.  You know what they say, “You always hurt bitch at the ones you love”.  

3 comments: