Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lobster and laughs


Yesterday was an exceptionally trying day.  Nothing too dramatic or traumatic happened, except for the fact that I was trying to get through my Monday on just about 3 hours of sleep.  By the time I got home Monday night, I could barely string 2 sentences together and was finding my nerves were fraying.  And fast. 

This is what my wonderful husband prepared for me:
We actually had 2 courses:  starting with a piece of salmon, jasmine rice, and garden fresh zucchini (Scott doesn’t love lobster like I do); then finished with lobster for me and farm fresh corn on the cob for both of us.


The funny moment of the evening (again, remember I was exhausted) was when I brought the unopened bottle of wine outside for Scott to open.  I handed him the bottle and corkscrew and said, “I give up”.  It was a twist-off bottle.  Yep, one of my finer blonde moments.


We sat outside on our patio with Bella snoozing by our feet, eating, talking, and just enjoying a beautiful August evening and each other.  Best part?  Cleanup involved a hose down of the patio. 

I'm so lucky to have someone I can share lobster and laughs with – even when the laughs are at my own silly moments.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect way to end a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THATS why you sent me to voicemail!!!! Hahahaha.. So happy you had such an awesome night. Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he's such a keeper, huh Mom?

    ReplyDelete